I would describe myself as a happy-go-lucky kind of gal. Everyone can tell that I’m a very optimistic person. I’m always smiling and laughing and telling the best stories. Even though this may come across as egotistical but I love to think that I inspire others to be positive and to content with themselves.
Although things weren’t always like that. But that’s for another blog post and another day.
I was reading my daily readings one day and I knew that what I had read was something I needed to work on. The reading was about confidence and that whatever happens in life happens to you because you have the strength to do it. I became inspired with what I read so I wrote it down on a piece of paper and took it with me to work. I devoted myself to bring a quote of the day everyday. This has been happening for the past month now and will always continue.
Today my coworker saw me glowing with optimism and he asked;
“Can I ask you a question?”
I replied with; “You just did but you can ask me another question.”
“How are you so positive?”
Hm… I started laughing and smiling.
“No, I’m serious. I’ve always been quite envious of your optimism.”
This is what inspired me to write a blog and to inspire others to become as positive as they want to be. I’ve been meaning to get around to write one but for some reason there was always something in the way.
Well I do a lot of things. I feel like I have to keep my mind busy which helps me get rid of the negative feelings that I allow myself to feel but then later change them because MY feelings are something I can control. If my thoughts are about another person, then I know that it is out of my control. If there is something I can do about it then I do that. If not, I accept that it is something beyond my control so I let it go.
What keeps me positive… Well there are a lot of things. Here’s a list of my Top Ten Things I Enjoy to do to Help Me Stay Positive And Happy
10. Yoga. I do my yoga after breakfast. I’m not sure if that’s the best time but it works for me.
9. Listen to positive music. I love keeping an up-beat environment especially when I organize/clean and de-clutter.
8. Meditate. I try my best to do this but it can be difficult. I like to experiment with various methods such as guided meditation or one that requires me to clear all of my thoughts.
7. Exercising. I love stretches and doing the stairs and going for a run. I enjoy that feeling I feel with all of the adrenaline racing through my veins.
6. Drinking a cup of tea especially when I’m with a friend because of all that we talk about. We share wisdom and knowledge with one another. My favourite is Earl Grey.
5. Laughing. I love to laugh and it keep my spirits up to the best of my ability.
4. Making arts and crafts for people and for myself. My latest art projects have been pillows and quote pages.
3. Cleaning. I love cleaning. It is something that relaxes me. I found that I feel even more relaxed after I clean because my surroundings become more organized.
2. Writing. I absolutely love writing. I journal whilst sipping my sleepy time tea every night before I go to bed. This relaxes me it’s my way of letting go of unwanted fears, thoughts and stuff that I cannot control.
1. Reading. As of lately I love self-help books. I’ve been reading a lot of Melody Beattie. After breakfast (but before yoga) I read from my daily readings that I place on my night table. I love starting my day with a healthy breakfast and a dose of inspiration.
I always get complimented because of my optimism; I am always laughing and smiling whenever I can. I am able to see the positive in everything.
“Do what makes you happy. Be with who makes you smile. Laugh as much as you breathe. Love as long as you live.”