I love starting the week off with positive vibes. I adore Hilary Duff, and I miss watching Lizzie McGuire. I definitely am going to have a marathon of Lizzie McGuire soon!
What I love about this song is that it encourages everyone to go out and chase your dreams. Instead of focusing on the negatives of what may or may not happen to us when we go after our goals, we should go after our goals anyway. I hope that everyone is able to achieve at least one of their goals. It just takes determination, and motivation to accomplish all that you want in life. I feel bad for girls that are growing up without many inspirational songs like this. I feel like there isn’t as much as there was when I was growing up.
“Why not (why not) Take a crazy chance Why not (why not) Do a crazy dance If you lose the moment You might lose a lot So, Why not, why not”
Happy new year! I hope everyone is having an amazing start to the year so far.
What to expect from me, Three Yellow Daisies AKA Julianne? Well, I am keeping everything the same, but for right now I am not going to be holding off on my daily decluttering mission for the time being. Instead I am going to be focusing on My Happiness Project. It’s where each month I focus on making small changes in my life in order to bring in more joy and happiness into my life. This month’s theme is ways to boost my energy. Although there is a topic about possessions coming up shortly, so that is where I will continue my decluttering journey. More on this shortly.
You are all welcome to partake in either My Happiness Project, or Gretchen Rubin’s book called The Happiness Project, or if you like you can make your own. It’s totally up to you.
If any point, you feel inspired, feel free to let me know, or you can spread joy, by telling a friend, or a family member about how this blog has helped you. I would love and appreciate that.
Even though the majority of us aren’t able to travel to new places, it doesn’t mean that we have to stay where we are. We can embrace new places, whether it’s getting promoted at work, or going to school, or talking a walk in a new neighbourhood. Staying where we are, doesn’t mean anything bad. It just means we have to embrace what we have. No storm lasts forever. Remember that. Instead embrace new beginnings and new opportunities.
Here’s to new beginnings, and hopefully a lot of happiness.
The sunshine award is driven entirely by the community, passed from blogger to blogger in recognition of their shining, inspiring, creative and motivational blogs.
I am so honoured to be nominated for this award! Thank you so much for In My Feelings, https://xinmyfeelingsx.wordpress.com/ for the nomination. Be sure to check that blog, because it filled with wonderful posts about feelings, thoughts and inspiration. I really enjoy reading your posts.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog. 2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you. 3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions. 4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. Give us a little insight into your blog? My blog is about becoming the best version of yourself, by making better habits, believing in yourself and learning to be comfortable with having less stuff, debt, and other anchors that hold you back. I provide encouraging and positive posts to everyone. My other interests that I love talking about are tea and books.
2. Why did you start blogging and for how long now? Well, I first started my blog back in May of 2015, blogged for a bit a year straight. I got busy with life, and finally came on May 28th, of this year, and have been blogging consistently since. I began my blog because my coworkers recommended that I start blogging since I was always optimistic, and provided wonderful advice.
3. What has been the most challenging aspect of blogging for you? Sometimes I feel like it can be a challenge to come up with new posts without coming across as me repeating myself. I have tried new posts, like I have done a Gratitude Challenge, Decluttering Challenge, resetting your finances and now I’m writing some cool stories. One of my favourite topics is Music Mondays, it’s where I post an empowering and uplifting song to help you kick start the week.
4. How do you motivate yourself when you feel discouraged? Whenever I feel discouraged, I normally would either make myself a cup of tea, or meditate, or practice some yoga poses or go for a walk. I either message or talk about it with my boyfriend, or my best friends or my two cousins. I sometimes journal my thoughts and feelings out. I also like to read to book, or even just take a nap. It really depends on the weather and time of day. Any of the above would help me feel better.
5. What do you enjoy most about blogging? The things I enjoy the most about blogging is being able to spread joy and positive vibes to other people who may be going through challenging times, or just want to make improvements on their lives. I love being able to give someone my feedback from my personal experiences to help people see that it may be difficult to start these new journeys, but the end results are amazing. I just always believe that you can change your life for the better. And that whatever people are going through right now, it’s only temporary, and things do get better.
6. If you could make one wish, what would it be? This one is so challenging, because there is so many things I would wish for, but I think I would like to be a bit more famous. And I mean that in a good way, because I feel like I have so much to offer to people. I have great ideas on short story ideas, and I just wish everyone would be able to read my ideas. It would be so cool to go on book tours, and go on talk shows and such. With that fame and money, I will be able to donate money and help out communities in need. I like giving back to others.
7. What makes you the happiest and why? Writing a short story, or reading a new book with a latte. I enjoy getting lost in a story because it’s like escaping to a whole new adventure. As lame as this might sound, but I picture the characters as people I care for, and see them as close friends of mine. Reading and writing helps relax me, and it’s always fun to be creative. It’s good to keep your mind active and sharp.
8. What do you prefer, calling or texting? I prefer texting, but I don’t mind a phone call from someone dear. I used to save my big and good news for in person, but now during these times, I save any good news for a phone call. Because my Grandpa lives in a retirement home now, I unfortunately can’t visit him like I used to, so I have to call him instead. It makes me sad, but I am glad that I get to talk to him a lot.
9. Are you talker or listener? Honestly, I like to be both. I like to give people feedback, but I can’t provide people feedback and advice if I don’t listen to people. By being a talker, I can help and encourage people to want to make better changes for themselves.
10. Your hobbies? I have a bunch of hobbies. I enjoy reading, writing, making and drinking tea. I love listening to music, cooking and blogging.
11. What appeal to you most soul or appearance of a person? I am more so attracted to someone’s soul. I try not to judge a book or a person by their cover or their appearance. I appreciate a good, kind heart.
What is the main purpose of your blog?
What is your ideal perfect day?
What motivates you the most?
How do you deal with stress?
What things makes you the happiest?
What’s your opinion of a bucket list? And why?
Would you rather make lots of money doing a job you hate or would you rather make less money doing something you love?
If you had unlimited amount of money to start your own business, what would it be?
If you can live any where in the world, what would you pick, and why?
What is the one movie you can watch over and over and not get bored of it?
Which character from a book or movie or TV show would make the best roommate? Why?
I wish I could nominate everyone, but unfortunately, I can’t. But even though you were not nominated, it does not mean that your blogs aren’t as magical. Feel free to keep on blogging and spread love and positive vibes.
It is with great happiness I announce that my blog, 3YellowDaisies was nominated for The Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. I was nominated by Kamal’s Blogging Cafe. A major thank you goes to Rising Star, https://idealinspiration.blog the creator of The Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award.
I have inspired Kamal because of my methods of decluttering, wanting to better myself, and spread positive vibes to others as well. And what I like about Kamal’s Blogging Cafe, is how expressive Kamal’s poetry is. It is really refreshing and intriguing. All of you should visit and check out the blog for yourself; https://kamalsbloggingcafe.wordpress.com/ Thank you so much once again for nominating me.
My Lovely Nominees- the Rules for Participation are: 1. Thank the person who have nominated you and provide a link back to his/her blog. 2. Answer their questions. 3. Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 6 new questions. 4. Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog. 5. List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo. 6. Provide the link of the Award creator of ideal inspiration blogger award as Rising Star from https://idealinspiration.blog.
Answers to the questions addressed to me by Kamal are as;
Where would you be right now if you could be anywhere? I would love to be in Bali right now, it is on my bucket list of places to visit. It has breath taking views, and it looks like a serene island. I was jealous when I read about Elizabeth Gilbert’s journey to Indonesia in her best selling book, Eat Pray Love. I would learn how to surf, and I would love to pray and meditate in their temples. One of the best temples I have found during my research is the Tirtu Empul Temple. It’s where you bathe in holy water, and you concentrate on what you want most in the world, and when you are bathing, you focus on what you would like. It sounds really like a liberating experience.
What would be your dream 3 course meal? Appetizer: Chicken noodle soup Main Course: Steak, mashed potatoes and corn Dessert: Cherry Cheesecake
If you could be any Pokémon, which would it be? I have only ever seen a few episodes of this show, several of years ago. I would be Pikachu, because he’s super cute and he’s yellow, which is my favourite colour. And then I did my research, it turns out is he is really smart and demonstrates leadership when he needs to.
What’s your favourite sport to watch or participate in? I liked and have played baseball growing up and in school. My favourite position to play is short stop. My favourite sport to watch is hockey. I have been loving these playoffs hockey in summer. Although I wish my team was doing well.
What’s something that recently made you happy? Yesterday, I went for a walk, and it was a perfect day, not too hot and not too cold either. I sat in a nearby trail reading my book and writing in my journal. It made me happy because I was also able to brainstorm some cool ideas for my upcoming blog posts. It gave me a change of scenery, which was refreshing.
If you could teach one subject in school what would it be? I would like to teach accounting, either as a high school teacher or as an university professor. As of right now I may actually want to pursue becoming an accounting professor after retiring from being an accountant. I say this because being an accounting professor I can still travel since the school year only consists of eight months, I’ll still have four months throughout the year to travel. Although that is many years away, so I don’t know for sure yet. But that would be fun.
Six Questions From Me: 1. Would you consider yourself more as an introvert or an extrovert, or both? Explain why. 2. Which quote do you live by the most? 3. What is your biggest accomplishment in your life thus far? And if you haven’t accomplished it yet, talk about what you would like to accomplish. 4. If you were able to travel back in time to tell your younger self something, what would you say? 5. How would you describe your life purpose? 6. What are three things you value most about a person?
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award:
I wish I was able to nominate all of my followers, but just know that even if I didn’t nominate it doesn’t mean that your blog isn’t magical. Sending all of my followers lots of positive vibes and love. Keep on writing!
Please continue to reading my blog, and if you haven’t already, be sure to follow me https://threeyellowdaisies.ca/. It would be much appreciated. I love each one of everyone’s blogs. Let us keep on inspiring each other.
Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend.
My boyfriend and I ordered Chinese food and my fortune cookies read;
“Now is a good time to finish up old tasks.”
“Rome was not built in a day. Be patient.”
I thought these were good fortune cookies since it is the last day of May and the beginning of June is on its way! I do have a lot of things I would like to finish up so it was really inspiring fortune cookies.
I’m going to make a to-do list and assign a day for each task to ensure that everything gets done.
*Warning* This blog post may be graphic for some readers.
About six months ago, my boyfriend was walking me to work. During that time it was our winter, so I had slipped and fallen on some ice on my right thigh. It hurt a bit, but I shook it off as I had ways to go. That whole morning, even getting ready for work felt like an off day for me. I wasn’t in the best mood. To be honest, I was feeling a bit discouraged that day.
We were almost at my work, when the light had turned green – our right away. And because I was angry that day, I was walking fast, faster than my boyfriend, and the next thing I knew I was lying on the ground. I had just gotten hit by a car that was turning left and he ran right into me. I was too busy thinking in my head to hear the car turning. My boyfriend tried his best to grab me and pull me out of the way. He felt me slip out of his arms.
I was crying, but I was strong enough to stand up afterwards. My mind has never let me remember the actual feeling of getting hit by the car. Which I am so thankful for. It really was scary. I just remember the feeling pain on my face and on my right thigh, (it didn’t help that I had previously fallen on it, 20 minutes prior) which is what had hit the car. I also remember being scared to touch my face and thigh in fears of feeling broken bones. After I had placed my hands over those body parts, I just felt the skin being swollen, nothing was broken, although I don’t have a Medical Degree, so I couldn’t be 100% certain.
My boyfriend took me over to a side walk where he took his coat off and used that as a cushion for me to sit down on. Then a familiar customer approached me asking me if I was okay, because I assumed not a lot of time has passed by, so she must have saw the accident. She was nice enough to call for help on my behalf. I told her that I worked at the coffee shop just up the street, where she was heading. She had spoke to the manager explaining the situation to my manager. My manager came out and saw me and gave me a hug.
I just remembered looking at the car and seeing his side mirror hanging off over his door handle.
Not much time after that, help showed up. My boyfriend and I both gave the police our statements. We then went to a hospital to get looked at to make sure that I was okay. After a doctor had examined me, she told me that I was lucky. Nothing was broken, just bruises and a bit of swelling.
It was in those moments that I truly was lucky. I could have suffered life-threatening injuries, or worst, I could have died, but the universe told me that my purpose and story wasn’t over. The universe knew that I had more to offer and bring into this world. It made me feel that I was needed and people needed me too.
I was also reminded me that I should be chasing my own dreams and passions and not be persuaded by what others want me to be. I pursued accounting thinking that I would love it, and be good at it. And also because people were encouraging telling me that I would be good at it, as well. But when I was studying it, I felt like my heart wasn’t it.
When they placed my hospital bracelet, I remembered the other times that I had to wear one in the past. Being in the hospital, made me feel like a patient in Grey’s Anatomy. It reminded when I was younger, I always wanted to be a nurse. I love helping people, I’m an optimistic and a caring person who has a lot of patience. To me, those are good qualities to have as a nurse. I know there are many other qualities to be a nurse, but those are the first ones that come to mind.
Later that night, because I had fallen and broke the concrete with my face. I ended up chipping one of my tooth, that I previously chipped two years ago, almost to the day. It was just not my day that day. I noticed because I was eating my dinner and a part of my filling came off. But I am thankful for all of the lessons it has taught me.
Although, to be honest I laid in bed for the next week or so. It wasn’t so much the aftermath of getting hit by the car that knocked me out, it was mostly the anxiety of having to go back outside. I also had a purple, dark blue bruise on my face, so that made me feel a bit self conscious. It was a very scary time for me. Fortunately, the bruise was a pale yellow greenish bruise by the time I returned to work a week later. It reminded that everything is only temporary, this pain won’t last forever.
I just felt a lot of life changing moments during the whole incident. I felt like beforehand, I wasn’t in the best place, emotionally; I often felt like I wasn’t me. I felt like I had outgrew a lot of things, like I was hungry and wanting new and better things for myself. I wanted a new job, a new place to live. The whole incident taught me to not settle for things that made me unhappy, instead choose happiness.
It made me realize that I am stronger than I even realized. I am capable of making changes in my life. This incident made me count my blessings, and to always be thankful no matter what happens to me. It was like this whole thing was a teaching moment. It reinforced everything that I preach in my blog, to be thankful, to never settle, to always believe in yourself and to overcome your anxieties and fears. I can really go and do anything I want to in my life.
It was also a reminder to always live your life like it is your last day. I know that made sound like a cliche, but it’s so true. You should always fill your days doing something you love. Always tell your friends and family how much they mean to you. No one knows when their time is going to run out. Don’t let the bad times bring you down, you can always stand up, no matter how hard the universe may bring you down. Use your troubles as stepping stones for something better. Learn to count your blessings, not your burdens.
Because no matter where you go or how hard you try
or what you do
the only person that you’ll gonna
get to be
(and I know it)
I love this snippet from one of his poems. It is a reminder that the only person you get to be is you and you shouldn’t try to compare yourself to other people because they are walking a different path than you. Only you have experienced your journey.