Every Thursday, I like to reflect on what I am most thankful for during the week.
- I am thankful for my sister calling me the other night. We haven’t seen each other much since the whole pandemic. So being able to hear her voice was really nice. We got to see each other last Thursday so that was a lot of fun.
- I am so happy that sports are back. I really have been enjoying my time watching them. My favourite sport to watch is hockey. There are about five, six games on throughout the day.
- Since I am still in the early stages of decluttering (for once and for all), I have told my boyfriend that our coffee table and night tables are clutter free zones. I have been discovering that my boyfriend would dump his stuff there instead of dealing with any of it. But I still love him.
- I am thankful for my walk yesterday where I was able to read my book and started writing in my journal outside under a tree. It was a nice change of scenery that realigned my focus and inspiration again.
- Finally, I am thankful for the weight of all of my items that I have given away. I feel really proud of myself. The longer you hold on something that no longer brings you joy, the weight becomes even more heavy. It’s just better to cut the ties with these items. I am also grateful that I have no desire to shop for new things anymore. I used to be a big shopper a few years ago, and now I have no desire to go out clothes shopping. Although, the things I have bought for myself, were blouses, and skirts which I wear where I need to dress up. I also would like to be an accountant, but now the offices are starting to get phased out, from everyone working from home. I feel like that might become the new thing now. But I do love dressing up, so it’s not like those clothes were a total waste. It actually made me realize that I did have a lot of clothes. It gave me that extra motivation to depart with things I no longer wear anymore. Once you let all of the weight go, the more freeing it becomes.
What are some the things that you are grateful for this week?