So, where do I begin… I have been off work since mid March due to medical reasons and anxiety. I must say, I have learned a lot of myself that I wouldn’t have gotten to known without all of this extra time. I am really thankful to have had this spare time.
I understand that these were uncertain times for others, but I tried to do my part by limiting the spread of the virus, and perhaps passing it off to others, by staying home. And I know that not everyone had this opportunity, so I hope everyone stays safe.
My boyfriend and I just moved in with one of his friend’s a month prior to my time off from work. I was able to organize and reorganize our room. I was able to remove things that didn’t have much value in our lives. That was a really fun experience.
I am returning back to work tomorrow, so I am little nervous. I know that where I am, there are still cases, but it’s not a relatively large number of cases. It still makes me nervous, but I will make it my priority to stay safe.
These are the things I am going to miss, when I return to work…
- Being able to sleep whenever I am tired, and not worrying about having to set an alarm. I can fall asleep at any time. Some days I took full advantage of that. I know this wasn’t healthy, but some nights I slept for ten hours. It was such a luxury to stay in bed until I wanted to do something else.
- Having time to exercise. I enjoyed going for a walk in the neighbourhood, especially since it is a new neighbourhood. I was able to make space in my room for my yoga mat to practice yoga routines, and meditation. I live pretty far from where I work, so by the time I leave in the morning, work, come back it’s basically dinner time. I know, I am not the only one who has this problem, and I know that some people have children to take care of as well. But I see the problem, and I have solutions to fix this situation.
- The feeling of not being stressed or anxious about a work related problem. It has been peaceful to not have to deal with any of these problems.
- The freedom of having spare time. I had time to declutter, read books, clean and blog again. I am so thankful for using this time for good use for myself.
- It made me realize that I can do and be anything I want. I would love to be my own boss, and have freedom doing whatever I like. I loved creating my own schedule and my own to-do list. That is probably the thing I am going to miss the most from the whole quarantine. It was such a luxury. The whole experience made me realize that I am always one decision from a different life.
I will try to continue to do the things I have learnt during this spare time. I will also try to coordinate the things I had time to do, into my new schedule.