I was at my boyfriend’s for dinner and this was part of our antipasto (Italian meaning before meal). It was divine. I loved it! I haven’t tried this before but it was great. Ours was bought but here is a recipe so you can make it later…
- Peel eggplant.
- Cut the eggplants into thin long strips, like french fries.
- Place in a colander, sprinkle with the salt, and set a plate and a weight on top. Set the colander in a large bowl and set aside for at least 2 hours.
- Squeeze as much water as you can from eggplant.
- Place water and vinegar to boil.
- Place eggplant in boiling water for 3 minutes only. Don’t over cook or will be mushy.
- Drain in colander, set a plate and a weight on top. Set colander in a large bowl and set aside for at least 4 hours I do overnight.
- Squeeze any remaining liquid you can out of eggplant. Put eggplant in glass jar with fresh garlic cloves , fresh cut into big chunks hot peppers, fresh mint and good drizzle of olive oil. Shake up and refrigerate. Makes 1 quart. Enjoy!